What to expect?
Often, super lightweight process modeling methods like we find them in Storystorming will be good enough as a preparation to “go and code”. But for logistically challenging endavours or if you use a workflow engine (like e.g. Camunda) a solid knowledge of the powerful ISO standard BPMN can do the “trick” for you and if you can combine it with lightweight workshop methods to tap into the expert’s knowledge - even better. With this workshop you learn the power of collaborative business process modeling with BPMN:
- Learn the three basic BPMN element types: activities, gateways and events
- Learn extended BPMN constructs, like boundary events and (event) subprocesses
- Learn how to represent communication and messages in BPMN process models
- Learn about orchestration and collaboration style of BPMN process models
- Learn about BPMN participants and their responsibilities for end-to-end processes
- Learn about the relevance of data for processes and the BPMN styles of visualizing
- Learn how to analyze and design models by applying the token flow principle
- Learn about best practices with regards to style and readability of your models
- Learn how to master the questions of required granularity and perspective(s)
- Learn about modeling on a strategic, an operational and an executable level
Is this for me?
Are you confronted with analyzing or designing customer journeys, workflows or business processes, with or without a relation to business software development? Are you a domain or business expert in your company required to collaborate with software people? Are you a product owner, a business analyst, a software architect or a lead/senior software developer? Are you looking for a powerful method to succeed with process design on a detail level?
If one of these questions applies, this training is for you!